Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Honoring Delia

Happy Birthday Delia!

90 years! And enjoying time in Hawaii. We are all proud of you!

Here are a few pictures. But I've got lots of sweet times in my memories! You were always such an encouraging "auntie", and you always made me feel special. We shared our love of books. I used to love picking out a new book from your collection. My favorite memory was on my 16th birthday when you invited me to have a sleep over at your house. That was a big deal for me!

God bless you in this coming year!


2 comments:

mjsconnolly said...

Yes, Delia, I too have felt your warmth and kindness during my visits to Anne's family in SF. You were always interested in my stories and made me feel welcome. Thanks for all the love you've showered on family and friends over the years.

dan brewer said...

Happy birthday, Delia!

I too have countless wonderful memories of times together with you and Oliver. I am especially thankful for your hosting us at you home so many times over the years: terrific meals and engaging conversation, lots of laughs and a generous doses of Irish wisdom. For "Pioneers", you two offered the best whiskies available.

I remember breaking a bone in my foot playing basketball in your back yard one delightful early summer evening. (It may be hard to believe, but even that memory is pleasant). And thanks for allowing Anne and I to wash the dishes after your lovely dinners back when we were "courting"...it gave us an opportunity to hold hands in the sink full of dishwater!

You are special to us all. Happy birthday and many more!